Sunday 14 December 2014

The Christmas parade

I had so much fun yesterday.  The day of the Christmas parade.  Now let me go into some detail.

The morning started for me at about 10:30 when I left to go to the dance studio. The dance studio is run by Deirdre Tarrant, Bret McKenzie from flight of the concords mum. She is really nice but this isn't about her. When I arrived Zach, one of my besties, was already there with his face painted and in costume.  I put my costume on and took my glasses off. Me and one of the other girls, who had arrived at the same time as me, went to make some of the others come in.  We then went and cued for makeup/face paint. 

In the cue for face paint we ended up waiting for a long long time.  Because we were on the last buses to leave we had to keep letting others go in front so they could have there face painted in time. We keep goofing off and having fun. We also got to look at all the costumes. There were so many cute little kids (mainly girls), there were fairys, green sparkly things, blue sparkly things and so much more. They were all so cute and had really nice face paint. 

When it was finally time to get our faces painted we started with getting the base done with one person and the next person did the rest. I was happy because I got so much glitter.

We loaded the bus and went to the parade line up. We met 3 other clowns there and got the big line of balloons. The balloons only needed 4 people to carry them.  The 3 clowns who we met there were helping blow up the balloons (there balloons for most people) knew what they were doing and needed one more person and that was me.

We got the balloons out the window and started to walk. We walked the whole parade route with no problems. We got to the end and started handing out balloons.  We then had to go get changed. I got changed and my dad came to pick me up. 

I went home and chilled for a bit.  I then went to nine lessons in carols. With my face paint still on. I got weird looks from people but I'm used to it.

When the day came to an end I didn't want to take the face paint off because of all the memories that I had with it but I still enjoyed myself and want to do it again. 

Baiiiiii
xox Rachster

No comments:

Post a Comment