Wednesday 5 March 2014

Shrove Tuesday

Everyone is making/talking about Pancake day and I am just like well actually it's Shrove Tuesday. I go to a catholic school and am Anglican so I do know all the history behind "Pancake Day". It was originally because on Wednesday you would give up food/that sort of food and stuff (I don't know that side of things properly) but Pancakes would use up all the ingredients that they didn't need over that period of time. So they would all make Pancakes and Shrove Tuesday has now become known as Pancake day for even those who aren't religious, when in reality they don't know the meaning behind it. For some reason it bothers me I know it shouldn't but it does. People should just know the meaning behind why they do things and not do it "to be cool" or "popular"


Baiii
xoxo Rachster

and sorry there is no youtuber today i am kind of in a rush

No comments:

Post a Comment